Developing an effective company website that is readily discoverable by prospective consumers is sometimes a daunting endeavour. However, it is essential to establish trust, engage consumers, showcase or emphasize your service or product, and ultimately sell your goods.
Based on Louis Brightman’s GoDaddy website masterclass, we demonstrate how to construct a superb business website and guarantee that it gets discovered.
1. Selecting the most appropriate website for your company
There are several company kinds; some need just business cards, while others demand a complete e-commerce capability.
However, regardless of the sort of website you want, the following building elements are required to construct a website:
1. The domain name is comparable to your home’s address.
2. Hosting – a website is constructed with images and content, and hosting is analogous to your home’s bricks and mortar and power — it maintains the website operational.
3. Material – what sort of website does your company need, and what type of content does it contain? Whether brochure-style, hospitality-related, small-scale e-commerce or large-scale e-commerce, any form of a website may be hosted on GoDaddy.
Consider the following questions and considerations:
- Are you searching for something unique or a pre-built website?
- Do you need anything that may be referred to as a business card?
- Are you in the business of selling services or products?
- GoDaddy’s plans are always divided into three categories: basic, premium (for accepting service reservations), and e-commerce (for full-store capabilities).
- Do I have to start with e-commerce if I want to sell in the future?
2. Creating exceptional website content and pages
1. Home page – make it aesthetically appealing, concise, and to the point, and consider what you want your consumers to see and do after discovering you.
Additionally, website home pages should have a strong call to action. The call to action encourages users to go to the next page of your website and learn more.
Inquiries to make:
What is the most critical action you want your visitors to do before leaving your homepage?
It’s more involved than just purchasing something; for example, subscribe to a newsletter, schedule an appointment, or view a video.
2. Tell us about yourself – express yourself. The About us page is where you may describe your business’s motivations and ambitions. How and why did you enter into business? What distinguishes you?
This is your opportunity to educate your consumers about why they should trust you with their business. Additionally, this is an opportunity to introduce your staff, engage consumers, and earn their confidence.
3. Our service – fully define your services and make it obvious what you offer: pricing lists, shipping charges, return policies, warranty information, and frequently asked questions should all be mentioned here.
4. Blog feature is the most undervalued method of increasing traffic to your website and impressing clients. You may write news items about your business and future events in the Blog area and use them to share tales and communicate with consumers.
After a year, you’ll be doing your SEO a favour, and new clients will be able to peruse prior entries, boosting your business’s trustworthiness.
Additionally, everybody who connects to your website due to your material creates a backlink. Increased SEO and engagement may be achieved by increasing the number of backlinks you have on your website.
Additionally, video material is critical.
3. Being discovered online
One of the most difficult tasks is optimizing your SEO or search engine optimization.
If you’re seeking to draw clients through the door of a company (a bar or coffee shop, for example), or if you operate a service-oriented firm (such as a plumber), you should consider SEO.
Numerous elements contribute to your ability to be discovered online, but the most critical aspect is your Google ranking. It may be enhanced by the following:
1. Social media activity – consistent posting, sharing, and outreach to increase engagement.
2. Consistent with the website — achieve technology-based optimization. GoDaddy’s SEO tool makes it simple to link all social platforms.
3. Connect with GoDaddy’s partners – Over enables you to upload professional-looking picture templates for social network postings.
4. Establish a presence – create a Google Business profile.
5. Digital marketing — advertise on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Google –– pay per click).
4. Get to know, with GoDaddy websites and marketing
GoDaddy’s W+M service manages, protects, and creates your website in one place.
GoDaddy has made significant progress in the marketing aspect of this in the previous year, with a simple dashboard that links to Google and increases Google ranking and a professional social media post generator.
The website construction process is simple; it often takes less than an hour to get your website up and looking professional by using GoDaddy’s themes, fonts, and templates to establish your customized website.
Additionally, websites are automatically optimized for mobile devices, and all social media profiles can be managed in one location.
The website includes a data collector that informs users how many times their site has been seen, who discovered you through social media, and how to act on this information. For instance, if 15 people visited your website last week and added products to their basket but did not complete the transaction for whatever reason, the data collector will propose sending a customized email to those folks to engage them.
5. Online product sales
Previously, if you wanted to sell things online, you would have had to invest a significant amount of money on a custom-built e-commerce website, which would have cost thousands of pounds.
With GoDaddy’s Online Store, you can create a fully functional e-commerce website just as easily as any other website builder.
With a product limit of 5,000, it’s ideal for all but the biggest e-commerce businesses.
6. WordPress and Websites in Combination with Marketing
It is not the only option; GoDaddy is a WordPress provider, and this plan accounts for 40% of all websites produced. Incorporating WordPress and Websites with Marketing is an excellent combination.
WordPress is similar to an iPhone in that it can be customized in various ways depending on the applications that have been downloaded. This is the way WordPress operates. While Web Builder is a one-stop shop, GoDaddy, in collaboration with WordPress, can construct websites from the bottom up for a more customized feel.